As many of you know, brown parcel paper is a bit of a favourite of ours at Crimson Tiger when we are wrapping our personal gifts. It is always worth keeping some in stock due to its versatility, it covers birthday, Easter, Christmas, thank you gifts, gifts for the girls and gifts for the boys, and still handy for the parcels that are going to be sent!
Double sided sticky tape is usually our staple stickum, but this time we have sewn our gift up! Read how we did it, to be honest, it is randomly fun!
You will need:
- The gift!
- Brown paper
- A sewing machine or a needle
- Thread, any colour
- Take a roll or a couple of sheets of brown wrap, yes we know, nothing like stating the obvious!
- Lay your gift that you are wrapping on the paper and draw round. We chose a heart shape but it can be anything from a star shape to a cake shape. Mark a small stretch of shape that your gift will fit through without ripping the paper. Remove the gift
- Lay a second sheet under the first. Thread up your sewing machine, or if you do not own a sewing machine you can just as easily thread a hand sewing needle. Sew around the outline until you get to your mark. Stop sewing.
- Carefully insert the gift and continue sewing making sure that you are not catching on the gift. Tie off.
- With a pair of scissors cut around the shape on the outer side of the stitching, leaving at least 8mm between the cut and the stitches.
- Give the gift to the birthday boy or girl and due to the nature of the wrap, they will have to rip into the wrapping to get to the gift!
Have fun sewing up your gifts!